"The school is an attractive learning environment, which
celebrates pupils’ work and motivates them to learn."
Exceptional facilities, accessible to all
Bure Valley School is an inclusive school which is fully accessible for disabled children, parents/carers and staff. All entrances and exits have wheelchair access and there are disabled access lavatories. Convenient on-site visitor parking is available and there are plans and policies to ensure equality of provision for all children, regardless of gender, race or ability. All pupils have access to the school’s excellent facilities, which include:
- bright and colourful classrooms, full of natural light and each equipped with an interactive whiteboard;
- ‘outdoor class rooms’;
- the ‘Whisper space’, a specifically designed resource centre with a well-stocked library, computer facilities and ‘pods’ for small group/individual work;
- a music, drama and media studio with an array of instruments (including extensive orchestral and percussion) and Green Screen technology;
- a large assembly hall with audio visual equipment;
- a terraced outdoor assembly area;
- a large nature garden with pond;
- extensive landscaped playing fields with cricket pitch, circuit track and football pitches;
- two spacious and interactive playground areas with climbing/games apparatus and courts for tennis and hockey;
- an outdoor theatre;
- a raised bed produce garden/allotment with greenhouses;
- a covered wooden seating area for outdoor learning activities.
Close links with Aylsham High School enhances our curriculum and teaching through shared use of facilities, resources and access to specialist teaching.