We are of the opinion that parents and carers can and should have a big impact on their child's education.
We aim to be an inclusive and open learning community where all members of the school community are valued. We actively seek the views of parents & carers. There are many ways for parents to feedback to the school and talk to members of staff.
Bi-annually we produce a parent survey to seek your views on what we are doing well and what we could be doing better. Recent surveys indicate that the vast majority of our parents are happy with Bure Valley School and the education their children are receiving.
Parent View gives you the parent a chance to tell Ofsted what you think about our school. The survey asks parents how strongly they agree or disagree with statements about our school.
Once the school has received 10 survey responses, the information will be available to view in Ofsted Parent View for schools, parents and the general public.
Parent View Questions/Statements:
- My child is happy at the school
- My child feels safe at this school
- The school makes sure its pupils are well behaved
- My child has been bullied and the school dealt with the bullying quickly and effectively (for this question, parents can select ‘My child has not been bullied’)
- The school makes me aware of what my child will learn during the year
- When I have raised concerns with the school they have been dealt with properly (for this question, parents can select ‘I have not raised any concerns’)
- Does your child have special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)? (Yes or no) My child has SEND, and the school gives them the support they need to succeed
- The school has high expectations for my child
- My child does well at this school
- The school lets me know how my child is doing
- There is a good range of subjects available to my child at this school
- My child can take part in clubs and activities at this school
- The school supports my child’s wider personal development
- I would recommend this school to another parent (yes or no)