We encourage all members of our school community to have a say on how our school is run, because we believe that all parents & carers have the right to do so. As an inclusive school the views of all members are valued.
We actively seek the views of pupils, parents & carers to help make our school even better.
Bi-annually we produce a parent survey, using Ofsted’s Parent View questions, to seek your views on what we are doing well and what we could be doing better. Recent survey results indicate that the vast majority of our parents are happy with Bure Valley School and the education their children are receiving, however we are the first to admit that we do not always get it right.
Here is a selection of recent responses from pupils, parents, carers and visitors:
- The school environment is always stimulating and creative
- Teachers work hard to make all subjects interesting
- The residential visits are amazing
- The staff at Bure Valley work incredibly hard to help my children to learn and make the best possible progress
- Bure Valley is an excellent school. I am really happy that we live in Aylsham have such good schools
- I always find the staff and the children incredibly polite
- The school is really good at communicating with parents and keeping us well informed
- The school is such a friendly place. I never feel like I can’t ask a question or pop into school. I am always welcome with a smile
- The staff at BVS are really good at encouraging the children to try their best. That is all I can ask my child to do
- My daughter now believes that she can do well in maths and science. She has grown in confidence
- The school twitter feeds are brilliant. They keep us informed and show us what the children get up to in school
- The school provide good support for my child. She receives excellent support for her special educational needs. She is making excellent progress
- The library is the beating heart of the school. Not many schools have such an extensive library. The school obviously spends a lot of time and money on promoting reading. As a family of readers, we feel ever so fortunate to be able to send our children to a school were children are encouraged to read for pleasure
- Parents are given lots of resources to help their children learn out of school
- The school offers brilliant pastoral support. You get the feeling the school really cares about your child
- Staff manage behaviour well. The head and senior staff are always on the playground and this reassures you that your children are safe and are known by the school leaders
- I was sold on the school when I learnt more about the schools values
- I really like the fact that Bure Valley is part of the Aylsham Learning Federation, as this will most definitely help with my child’s transition to Aylsham High School. To know that our children get to work with teachers from the high school is brilliant
- My child gets so many opportunities to represent the school, join a club or perform. There are lots of extra-curricular opportunities
Dear Mr. Olney
I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed visiting your school this morning. It's wonderful to see the children getting fantastic opportunities. My daughter would totally love it here, if we get the opportunity to move. We look forward to bringing **** to the open evening so she can see for herself. Thank you for your time, many thanks, ****
If you want to feedback to us here is how you can:
- Pop into school and speak to a member of the team
- Give us feedback at Parents Eve
- Complete Parent surveys
- Email us email@example.com
Thank you for helping to make our school the school that it is and for helping us to improve.